Cheese is a beloved food that can be enjoyed on its own or as a complement to other dishes. To fully appreciate the flavor and texture of cheese, it’s important to have the right tools, and a cheese knife is an essential part of any cheese lover’s toolkit.
A good cheese knife should be designed to handle the unique characteristics of different types of cheese, from soft and creamy brie to hard and crumbly cheddar. A cheese knife typically has a sharp, pointed blade that allows for precise cutting and slicing, and may also have a forked tip for serving.
When shopping for a cheese knife, it’s important to consider the type of cheese you will be cutting and serving. Soft cheeses like camembert or goat cheese require a knife with a more delicate blade, while harder cheeses like parmesan or gouda require a sturdier blade that can handle the density of the cheese.
We spent hours researching and testing various cheese knives to identify the best ones on the market. When making a purchase, it’s important to pay attention to the type of cheese you will be using the knife for, as well as the overall quality and durability of the knife. With the right cheese knife, you can elevate your cheese experience to the next level.
Best Cheese Knives
We know that cheese lovers out there take their cheese seriously, and so do we. That’s why we’ve rounded up the best cheese knives on Amazon to help you cut through any type of cheese with ease. From soft and creamy brie to hard cheddar, these knives are designed to handle them all. So, whether you’re hosting a wine and cheese night or just want to enjoy some cheese on your own, these knives are sure to elevate your cheese game. Check out our top picks below.
We highly recommend the Prodyne CK-300 Multi-Use Cheese Fruit and Veggie Knife for anyone looking for a versatile and efficient cheese knife.
- The unique open surface blade reduces friction and keeps food from sticking, producing a perfect slice every time.
- The lifetime sharp serrated edge ensures that the knife stays sharp even after multiple uses.
- The knife is not only great for cheeses, but also for fruits and vegetables.
- The knife does not come with a cover, making it difficult to store safely.
- The holes in the blade can be difficult to clean thoroughly.
- The thin spine of the blade may not be suitable for cutting through large blocks of cheese.
We found that the Prodyne CK-300 Multi-Use Cheese Fruit and Veggie Knife worked exceptionally well for slicing through all types of cheese, producing consistent slices with ease. The unique open surface blade and lifetime sharp serrated edge made slicing through soft or hard cheeses a breeze, without any sticking or tearing of the cheese. We also found that the knife worked well for slicing through fruits and vegetables, making it a versatile addition to any kitchen.
Despite its many benefits, we did find a few drawbacks to the knife. The lack of a cover made it difficult to store safely, and the holes in the blade required extra attention when cleaning to ensure that no food particles were left behind. Additionally, the thin spine of the blade may not be suitable for cutting through large blocks of cheese, as it may not provide enough support.
Overall, we highly recommend the Prodyne CK-300 Multi-Use Cheese Fruit and Veggie Knife for anyone looking for a versatile and efficient cheese knife that can also be used for fruits and vegetables.
Dreamfarm Knibble Lite | Non-Stick Cheese Knife with Stainless Steel Forks | Multi-Functional Kitchen Knife with Unique Ridged Blade | Perfect for Slicing, Spreading and Serving | Yellow
If you’re looking for a versatile cheese knife that can handle every type of cheese, then the Dreamfarm Knibble Lite is a great option.
- The unique ridged blade creates air pockets to stop cheese from sticking, making it easy to slice and serve cheese without any mess.
- The added stainless-steel fork tip is perfect for serving and doesn’t extend beyond the profile of the blade for safety.
- The easy to grip, solid handle gives you steady control when cutting, and the durable forks and plastic blade will stay sharp and rust-free.
- The blade is a bit short for larger cheese blocks, so you may need to make multiple cuts.
- Some users have reported that the plastic handle feels a bit flimsy.
- The fork tip may not be very useful if you already have a separate cheese fork.
In our experience, the Dreamfarm Knibble Lite is a great all-around cheese knife that can handle everything from soft brie to hard cheddar. The unique ridged blade is particularly effective at preventing cheese from sticking, and the added fork tip is a nice touch for serving cheese to guests.
That being said, the short blade may be a bit limiting if you frequently work with larger cheese blocks, and the plastic handle may not be as durable as some users would like. Overall, we think the Dreamfarm Knibble Lite is a solid choice for anyone in the market for a versatile and affordable cheese knife.
If you’re looking for a reliable cheese knife, we recommend the Cutco Cheese Knife.
- The Micro-D edge is perfect for cutting through soft and hard cheeses, and the perforations prevent the cheese from sticking to the blade.
- The handle is comfortable to hold, even for extended periods of time.
- The knife is made of high-carbon, stainless steel, which ensures durability and longevity.
- The price point is a bit high compared to other cheese knives on the market.
- The serrated blade may not be ideal for all types of cheese.
- The knife is not dishwasher safe, so it requires hand washing.
We’ve used the Cutco Cheese Knife for a variety of cheeses, from cheddar to brie, and it has performed exceptionally well. The Micro-D edge allows for easy and precise cutting, and the perforations ensure that the cheese falls away from the blade. The handle is also comfortable to hold, which makes it easy to use for extended periods of time.
The only downside to this knife is the price point, which is higher than some other cheese knives on the market. Additionally, the serrated blade may not be ideal for all types of cheese. However, we believe that the durability and longevity of this knife make it a worthwhile investment.
Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and durable cheese knife, we highly recommend the Cutco Cheese Knife.
If you’re a cheese lover, the Hammer Stahl Cheese and Tomato Knife is a must-have for your kitchen. It’s versatile, efficient, and designed to provide exceptional balance and superior comfort.
- The perforated surface minimizes friction and prevents cheese and vegetables from sticking to the blade, ensuring a comfortable cutting experience.
- The serrations minimize slicing resistance, making it an excellent multi-purpose knife for cutting vegetables, fruits, and even butter.
- The quad tang design provides exceptional balance and superior comfort, ensuring that you can use it for extended periods without hand strain.
- Small bits of cheese get caught in the windows of the blade.
- The double bevel on the cutting edge causes the blade to drift toward the open end of the cheese.
- It is hard to cut into a large sized block of soft cheese like gouda.
We highly recommend the Hammer Stahl Cheese and Tomato Knife. It’s made from premium German X50CrMoV15 high-carbon stainless steel with a Rockwell hardness of 55–57, ensuring a world-class cutting edge. The ergonomically designed handle is perfect for easily handling cheese, vegetables, and fruits, making it the ultimate cheese slicing knife.
This knife is perfect for serving your family and friends with ease using the useful fork tip. It’s an essential kitchen tool that provides the ultimate combination of efficiency and versatility. Rest assured with Hammer Stahl’s lifetime warranty, and experience the culinary excellence of Hammer Stahl cutlery.
If you’re looking for a cheese knife that is easy to use and provides precision cutting, Zyliss Comfort Cheese Knife is a great choice.
- The serrated blade helps cut uniform slices of cheese.
- The high-quality stainless steel blade ensures durability and long-lasting sharpness.
- Comes with a matching blade cover that keeps the blade protected when not in use.
- The blade may be a bit short for larger blocks of cheese.
- It is not suitable for cutting through hard cheese rinds.
- The finger indents on the handle may not be comfortable for everyone.
We found the Zyliss Comfort Cheese Knife to be a great addition to our kitchen. The micro serrations on the blade make it easy to cut through soft and hard cheeses without sticking to the blade. The flat bolster provides a firm grip while the finger indent on the handle allows for comfortable and precise slicing.
We were impressed with the overall quality of the knife. The stainless steel blade is sturdy and sharp, making it easy to slice through cheese with minimal effort. The matching blade cover is a nice touch that keeps the blade protected when not in use.
One downside of the Zyliss Comfort Cheese Knife is that the blade may be a bit short for larger blocks of cheese. It is also not suitable for cutting through hard cheese rinds. Additionally, the finger indents on the handle may not be comfortable for everyone.
Overall, we recommend the Zyliss Comfort Cheese Knife for anyone looking for a reliable and easy-to-use cheese knife.
When it comes to buying a cheese knife, there are a few key features to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
The blade is one of the most important features of a cheese knife. There are different blade types to choose from, including:
- Plain Blade: This type of blade is best for soft cheeses like brie or camembert.
- Forked Blade: This type of blade is ideal for hard cheeses like cheddar or parmesan.
- Serrated Blade: This type of blade is perfect for cutting through hard or crusty cheeses like gouda or asiago.
The handle of a cheese knife is also an important consideration. Look for a handle that is comfortable to hold and provides a good grip. Some options to consider include:
- Wooden Handle: Wooden handles are comfortable to hold and provide a good grip.
- Plastic Handle: Plastic handles are lightweight and easy to clean.
- Stainless Steel Handle: Stainless steel handles are durable and can be washed in the dishwasher.
The length of the blade is another important factor to consider. A longer blade is better for cutting larger pieces of cheese, while a shorter blade is best for smaller pieces. Consider your needs and the types of cheese you will be cutting when choosing a blade length.
The thickness of the blade is also important. A thicker blade is better for harder cheeses, while a thinner blade is better for softer cheeses. Keep this in mind when choosing a cheese knife.
There are a few other features to consider when choosing a cheese knife, including:
- Blade Shape: Some cheese knives have a curved blade, while others have a straight blade. Consider which shape will work best for your needs.
- Blade Material: Look for a cheese knife with a high-quality blade material, such as stainless steel or carbon steel.
- Brand: Choose a reputable brand that is known for producing high-quality cheese knives.
By considering these factors, you can choose a cheese knife that will work best for your needs and help you enjoy your favorite cheeses even more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of cheese knives?
There are various types of cheese knives, and each type is designed for a specific type of cheese. Some of the most common types of cheese knives are: soft cheese knife, hard cheese knife, Parmesan cheese knife, cheese plane, cheese fork and cheese cleaver.
What should I look for when buying a cheese knife set?
When buying a cheese knife set, there are several factors to consider. The most important factors are: the type of cheese you will be cutting, the quality of the knives, the number of knives in the set, the design and style of the knives and the price of the set
How do I properly care for my cheese knives?
Proper care and maintenance of your cheese knives are essential to ensure their longevity. Here are some tips for caring for your cheese knives:
- Wash the knives by hand with warm, soapy water
- Dry the knives immediately after washing
- Store the knives in a dry place
- Sharpen the knives regularly
What is the difference between a soft cheese knife and a hard cheese knife?
Soft cheese knives have a shorter and wider blade, which is designed for cutting through soft cheeses like brie and camembert. Hard cheese knives have a longer and narrower blade, which is designed for cutting through hard cheeses like cheddar and parmesan.
Are there any specific techniques for cutting different types of cheese with a cheese knife?
Yes, there are specific techniques for cutting different types of cheese with a cheese knife. For example, when cutting soft cheese, you should use a back-and-forth motion, while for hard cheese, you should use a downward motion. It is also important to use the right knife for the type of cheese you are cutting.